DOWNLOAD THESE NOTES IN PDF FORMAT
What is the Milky Way?
The Milky Way is the galaxy that contains our Solar System.
What is Axis of the Earth?
The axis is an imaginary line around which body of the earth is rotating.
Give names of the two ends of Earth's Axis.
i) North Pole
ii) South Pole
How Day and Night appear on the Earth?
- Day appears on part of earth facing Sun.
- Night appears on part of earth which is not facing Sun.
Give an account of the Solar System.
- The Sun, its planets and the moons together, make up the Solar System.
- The planets are Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune.
- These Planets revolve around Sun.
- Some small bodies also revolve around planets called moons or satellite.
How Revolution of the Earth brings changes in Seasons.
- The summer season is due to tilt of northern hemisphere toward sun.
- The winter season is due to tilt of southern hemisphere toward sun.
- In between, we experience Autumn and Spring seasons.
What is Solar Eclipse? Draw a simple figure to show it.
Solar Eclipse occurs when the moon comes between the earth and the sun.