DOWNLOAD THESE NOTES IN PDF FORMAT
What is air pollution?
Due to human actions and activities, air becomes dirty and smoky which is called air pollution. It is not fit for breathing and causes different respiratory diseases.
Write a short note on water pollution.
The change of physical, chemical and biological properties of water is called water pollution. It makes water poisonous. It also causes different diseases.
How noise pollution affects our life, Explain briefly.
· It is slow poisoning for us.
· It has psychological impacts i.e. aggressive mode, anger and discomfort of sleep.
· It can cause deafness, hypertension, headache, increased heartbeat, stress and tension.
What do you mean by an Environmental Problem?
· Addition or change in the environment causes environmental problems.
· These problems are very dangerous for health.
· There are two major types of environmental problems.
o Pollution includes soil pollution, water pollution, air pollution, noise pollution etc.
o Global warming is the rapid increase of earth's temperature.
Highlight various causes of Environmental Problems?
Various environmental problems and their causes are as under:
Cause of Air Pollution:
- Volcanic actions
- Forest fires
- Smoke of Vehicles and Factories
- Burning of coal and other organic products.
- Power Stations.
Cause of Water Pollution:
- Polluted water of Industries
- Sewage water.
- Soil Erosion
- Leakage of gasoline and septic tanks
Cause of Noise Pollution:
- All kinds of vehicles
- Nearby Airports
- Nearby Industries
- Televisions and Music Systems
Cause of Soil Pollution:
- Agricultures wastes and fertilizers
- Nuclear wastes which is dumped into soil.
Describe the causes of Global Warming and evaluate its impact on life.
Global warming is the increase in normal atmospheric temperature.
- Increase in greens house gases.
- Cutting of forests and less plantation
- Burning of fossil fuels.
- Use of Chlorofloro Carbons (CFCs)
- The average temperature of earth is increasing continuously.
- Glaciers are melting rapidly increasing the levels of seas.
- More evaporation will result in more rains and floods.
- In some areas, there will be no rain and no cultivation.
- Some diseases will spread.