We all dream of having strong, thick and beautiful nails. But it is very difficult to give proper care to nails on regular basis due to which damaging occurs. With only few ingredients you can take care of your nails and keep them shiny and beautiful while preventing common nail problems like breakage, discoloring etc. For those girls who have the habit of applying nail paints regularly, putting in a little extra effort to pamper your nails should be a part of your busy schedule. And there’s nothing quite like going the natural way when it comes to beauty. Here are some tips for strengthening nails and preventing discoloration so you can better enjoy all your gorgeous manicures.
6 Home Remedies For Beautiful Nails:
Now you should not worry about what beauty products to buy to take care of your nails, go to your kitchen store cupboard and pick from the many amazing natural ingredients. Here are few home remedies for beautiful, long and shiny nails:
Salt and Coconut oil for nails cleaning:
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup warm water
Take warm water in a bowl. Add coconut oil and salt in it and mix well. Then dip your nails in it for about 5-10 minutes. Then wash your hands with normal water.
- Salt softens your cuticles and skin and strengthens nails. Salt adds luster to your skin and nails. It helps to keep the moisture locked in your skin around nails. It also kills bacteria.
- Coconut oil helps in making your cuticles healthy and less prone to dryness and peeling. Coconut oil has microbial properties that help to eliminate ridges because it acts as a moisturizer. The moisturizing properties of coconut oil keep your nails hydrated. Coconut oil is very good to treat brittle, cracked nails and also damaged cuticles nails since it adds moisture which prevents them to break & also heals cuticles. It also helps in strengthening nail bed and nails and stimulates your nail growth.
Lemon and Baking soda for brighter nails:
- 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Take a lemon and half it with the help of knife. Now extract it’s juice then add baking soda in it. Mix well then apply this mixture on your nails. Wait for about 10 minutes then wash with normal tap water.
- Lemon juice helps in brightening your nails and remove stains. Lemon has vitamin C that promotes stronger nail growth. It helps to strengthen finger and toe nails and to soften your cuticles.
- Baking soda helps in getting rid of stains on your nails and make them shiny and beautiful.
Garlic for extreme nail growth:
2-3 garlic cloves
Take garlic cloves and cut then in two halves. Then rub it on your nails. Leave it for about 15-20 then rinse of with water.
Garlic is packed with selenium, which helps in promoting nail growth. Nail growth comes from the selenium in garlic, a mineral and nutrient that basically makes our body do everything well. Garlic has antioxidant properties which make it possible that by overpowering trace toxins garlic frees up nails to grow more.
Toothpaste for nails whitening:
1 teaspoon Toothpaste
Take small amount of toothpaste in a plate. Then apply on your nails with the help of an old tooth brush. Wait for about 5 minutes then wash your nails with normal tap water.
Toothpaste is a whitening agent and like all cleaning agents, it helps to remove stains from surface of nails.
Toothpaste contains hydrogen peroxide that helps milder stains present on your nails. It also whitens your nails. It delivers flouride directly to the nails due to which your nails will grow long, strong and will not peel or break.
Apple cider vinegar to remove infections:
1 cup apple cider vinegar
Take a bowl and add apple cider vinegar to it. Dip in your nails for about 15-20 minutes. Then rinse your nails with fresh water.
Apple Cider Vinegar has anti-fungal properties so it helps in treating fungal nail infections, which if left untreated can cause you to lose the nails.Apple cider vinegar is acidic in nature that’s why it works by neutralising the alkaline environment that encourages fungal growth. Apple cider vinegar not only strengthens your nails, but also helps with discoloration, infections, and excessive breakage.
Nail growth serum:
- 1 vitamin E capsule
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vaseline
Take a small bowl and add vitamin E capsule, olive oil and vaseline into it. Mix all the ingredients then transfer this serum in a small container. Apply this amazing homemade serum on your nails and cuticles at night before going to bed.
- Vitamin E oil is a great moisturizer that contains antioxidants. The sulfur in it will not only help to repair nails but will give them additional shine. Vitamin E oil also softens cuticles and cares for dry and brittle nails. Vitamin E oil helps in preventing yellow nail syndrome, which causes peeling, cracked, and staining nails. Vitamin E oil’s moisturizing properties also support nail health by preventing cracked and cuticles.
- Olive oil is extremely moisturizing and easily absorbed, which makes it great for nail growth and also resolves the brittle nails. Olive oil not only keep your cuticles healthy but also helps in promoting your nail grow. Olive oil penetrates into the skin and nail and helps in repairing damage and softening nails and cuticles, which leads to nail strength and health.
- Vaseline helps in strengthening nails immensely. It nourishes your nails from deep within hence resulting in strong nails. Vaseline for nails growth is the best home remedy. With the help of this will get long nails naturally. Vaseline helps against moisture loss and also helps prevent dryness plus at the same time heal cracked cuticles.
To prevent your nails from damage you should not bite your fingernails or pick at the cuticles. These habits damage the nail cuticles which can stop nail growth. Even a minor cut alongside your fingernail can allow bacteria or fungi to enter which cause an infection. You should never pull off hangnails. Because if you do this then you might rip live tissue along with the hangnail. Instead you should carefully clip off hangnails with the help of nail cutter.You should limit your use of nail polish and nail polish remover. Because acetone present in these product can damage your cuticles.